Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Plants are my passion!!

A few hours in the garden weekly recharges me and gives me all the strength to go about my weekly chores with more vigor. I get great pleasure in doing those little routines which most would consider insignificant but are oh! so! important in maintaining a garden.

I have always longed to have a beautiful landscape. There was a time in my life( about 10 years back) that I wanted to be a Landscape consultant and help people design and plan their garden space. That is still a dream and I hope to slowly turn to making a career of that thought.

Right now I have a a little less than a hundred pots and 3 small plots of 10x4ft, 12x4ft and 3x3ft. I try and make the most of my acquired and inherent skills in these plots.

When we moved to our newly built house, I started planning the layout of the 3 plots that I had reserved for the garden. Two of the 3 plots lay outside the gate. Denzil was very insistent of a lawn which was uneven. So we skirted the neighbourhood and came across this plant nursery in Gottigere who had a farm and grew the mexican lawn. We purchased the lawn and a few plants and set about landscaping the plot inside the gate. We managed to give it some shape by Aug 15th 2006. That was a month after we had moved in.

I was handed my mom's collection of hippeastrums for safe keeping when their house was getting renovated and painted. I planted those in the plot outside alongwith a neem sapling and some verbenas that was given to me by a lady who lives close by.




This is what my garden looked like in March 2007. That was 8 months after we moved. Ever since This place has been my Laboratory for testing out my skills on Propagation through seeds, cuttings, layering.... name it.

Thanks to my office location... Siddapura and Lalbagh gave me access to varieties of plants which are so irresistable and should be brought to adorn this Haven of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment